UserVoice is growing its marketing team and looking for someone who has proven the ability to be a creative journalist and writer-type, a history of effectively managing multiple deadlines simultaneously, and a strong desire to learn new things. This is the perfect opportunity for someone looking to start or grow their career in B2B SaaS marketing, or for someone who is looking to pivot from a career in publishing, public relations, or similar.
As a marketing specialist at UserVoice, you’ll help our marketing team dream up and execute on new inbound marketing campaigns while leveraging your writing and communication skills to help us show off both our product and our extensive product management expertise.
If you’re a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and a way with words you’ll fit right in. We’re hiring A players (not rockstars, they just drink all night and sleep all day) who are keen to flex their creative muscles and not afraid to move fast.
- Marketing campaign coordination. You’ll help brainstorm, develop, execute, and report on assorted marketing campaigns across various channels (i.e. email, content marketing, events, social media, webinars, etc.)
- Copywriting. You’ll be our resident marketing copy wordsmith and write catchy copy for assorted applications (i.e. calls to action, emails, headlines, summaries, curated posts etc.) You’ll also be responsible for reviewing and editing content written by others before it is published.
- Publishing powerhouse. You’ll assist with production, publishing, and optimization of content on our blog and other channels.
- Brand maintenance. You’ll help us keep our messaging and brand up to date on internal and external assets and ensure that new assets and communications align with our brand’s voice.
Need to have
- Mad wordsmithing skills. 1+ years of journalism and/or other professional writing experience as well as some editing experience. This role entails a lot of writing, so in addition to being a strong writer, writing should be something you genuinely enjoy and find rewarding.
- Organizational skills that would make Marie Kondo proud. As a marketing specialist, you’ll often be managing multiple campaigns and deadlines simultaneously, so you’ll need to be meticulous about details, smart about prioritization, and have excellent time management and organizational habits.
- Previous relevant work experience (i.e. marketing, publishing or other software industry experience) or a bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Endless curiosity and a knack for asking questions (even the tough ones!).
- Fearlessness with a willingness to try new ideas, concepts, and be wrong (but definitely learn from the experience).
Nice to have
- Experience with any (or all!) of the following tools/technologies is a plus: marketing automation software (i.e. Pardot, Hubspot), Google Analytics, Buffer, basic HTML/CSS, Wordpress, Webflow, Trello, Google Drive, SEO fundamentals.
- Previous experience at a startup and/or in a content marketing, community, email marketing, or social media role.
Sound right up your alley? Want to learn more? So do we! Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org with your credentials in whatever format you feel is best. But don’t stop there, give us a few reasons to really get excited about you - share your thoughts on:
- What’s the achievement in your life you’re most proud of? Or embarrassed by? (either one is fine - totally up to you!)
- What software companies are kicking @$$ on the marketing front these days? Why?
Not looking for a novel here - just hoping to add some color to an otherwise typically boring resume/LinkedIn profile. We want to get to know you!